This week we are talking to Beekeeping for Dummies author Howland Blackiston from Connecticut in the USA. This is Episode One Hundred and Eight of our beekeeping podcast.
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz..
Hi, it’s Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
This week we would like to thank Sea Willow Herbs
Jennifer have been supporting the kiwimana buzz for over 18 months
Check out Jennifers Herbal healing products on her ETSY Page
Thanks for your support!!!
If you also value what we do, please consider supporting us on http://kiwi.bz/banana
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
This interview was recorded in October 2016
The Fourth Edition of the Book can be purchased here:-
Thank you for listening to our show, we know life is busy for you and appreciate you have taken the time to join us today
Howland Blackiston has been keeping bees since 1984. He's written many articles on beekeeping and appeared on dozens of television and radio programs. He is also the author of Beekeeping for Dummies series of books.
Here is what you will discover
- How a school Visitor introduced Howland to Bees
- How Howland started Beekeeping
- What is the best selling Beekeeping Book in the US
- What are the two things you to have to have a best selling book
- What does Howland thinks causes CCD
- How to help Bees if you can’t keep them yourself
- How make Autumn look like Spring in your videos
- What we can expect from the 4th edition of the Beekeeping for Dummies Book
Resources mentioned in the show
- You can find Howland on Twitter HERE
- The Beekeeping for Dummies web site is HERE
- The Beekeeping for Dummies Videos are HERE
Howland’s Talk to the Retired Men’s Association of Greenwich
Margaret techno-phob using this great new ….
One thing to help you manage your bees is to keep records – This app helps you to keep “track” of your inspections and your woodware. This is a great app
Easy Peasy you can even update and then print off your records when you get home…great to compare inspection results
for your phone/tablet – check out ”Hive Tracks” application for a FREE 14 day trial, go to : http://kiwi.bz/HiveTracks
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- The Greatest Beekeeper in Sheffield – We talk to Chris Brown – KM111 - August 9, 2017
- The Hibernation is Over – KM110 - August 2, 2017
- The Hibernation is Over *Extra* – KM110B - August 2, 2017