Episode Fifty Seven of our beekeeping podcast, This week we are talking to James Rogers from Japan.
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
James is a American Beekeeper who has been living in Japan for the last twelve years, For the last four years has been keeping Bees. Find out what's is like keeping bees in Japan and how he battles the Japanese giant hornet.
You can get in touch with James at moc.liamgnull@napajniseebyenoh
Here's What You'll Learn
- How to keep Japanese hornets out of beehives
- why Japanese beekeepers prefer to keep European Honey bees
- What kind of orchid attracts Bees.
- How the Hornets are killed by the Japanese Honey bees
- Eighty people a year die from Hornet attacks
- What part of America was James from?
- What famous beekeeper lives nears James parents house.
- What are the main nectar sources in Japan
What Was Mentioned
- You can find the Honey Bees In Japan youtube channel HERE
- Our interview with Linda Tillman can be found HERE
- The Fat Bee man No-Drown Honeybee Feeder Plans, can be purchased HERE
- Our Kiwi Oxalic Acid Vaporizer can be found HERE
- How to do a Powdered Sugar Shake
James recommended Resources:-
Here are all the photos of James's Bees
Watch A Hornet Be Cooked Alive By Japanese Bees
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- End of Season 2016!!!! - May 25, 2017
- It’s Winter Time – Season Ending Show – KM109 - May 24, 2017
- Beekeeping for Dummies we talk to Author Howland Blackiston – KM108 - May 17, 2017