Well today was a clean-up the shed day and pack away the boxes and frames for another season. Also did some planking for a break , see Wikipedia’s Planking Entry if you are not sure what planking is.
We have placed the boxes associated with the hives all together and placed either plastic sheeting or cardboard between them. This just in case something tries to make the boxes home over winter.
I also placed the boxes that need work in one pile, these need frames or have boxes that need some work. We hope to create more hives next season, so we may need to buy some new frames
It was great day and it wasn’t long before the girls came around to check out what that familiar smell was, I was surprised that these boxes had anything in them as the bees had cleaned them out pretty well.
I managed to also get stung for the second time this weekend by a paper wasp, while I was clearing away some rubbish. I used to like these garden friendly wasps, but now I’m not so sure .
The boxes are now all cleaned up; now I need to clean up the workshop to start building bee hives again ready for next season.