How to write for us – Writing a Guest Blog Post
This article is for people that want to be guest bloggers at kiwimana. We are very happy to publish articles and content that relates to what we are doing at kiwimana. Check out our “About Us” page and blog to find out about us before getting in touch.
If you are not sure about your post idea, then get in touch and we can discuss it with you.
Guest blogging is a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with our audience. You could write a post about something you have learnt or maybe a technique you want to share with our audience.
We would prefer to setup a WordPress contributor account on our site, so you can log in and edit the article yourself. This ensures that the article looks the way you want it to look.
If you don’t already have an account on our website, You can create an account here https://kiwimana.co.nz/my-account/
So please setup an account and advise us your logon name, when you get in touch.
Also please fill out the bio section of your profile with your details; this will appear on the bottom of your post. We use Gravatar for our contributor photos, so please ensure you have a photo on your Gravater profile. You can find Gravatar at http://gravatar.com/.
Also be sure to fill out your email and other social media links, these will appear at the bottom of your article so people can get in touch with you or your business if you choose.
Have you ever seen results in Google like this with a photo of the author:-
That is called Google Authorship, its a great way to get your articles read more. You can read here on how to set this up HERE.
Some Guidelines (Please Read)
- Here are some guidelines in publishing articles on Kiwimana:-
- Please provide a comma Separated list of keywords for your article; this makes it easier for our readers and search engines to index your article correctly.
- Provide an extract or introduction paragraph for your article, this is the text that appears on the summary page and on the search results page in Google etc. Summarise your article to help readers know what the article is about.
- Think about the keywords and heading, be sure it something that would attract people to your content. Have these keywords in your extract and in the first paragraph of your article.
- Feel free to link back to your site, but don’t include blatant advertiser copy in your post. The article should be useful and helpful to our readers.
- For Headers please the H1 – H6 Heading html tags tags.
- Please only upload and use photos or media that you have rights or permission to use.
- Once your article is finished, email us so we will review and publish, if we feel your article would benefit our community.
- If you require the post to be published on a certain date or time, please advise this in New Zealand Time.
Thanks for reading these guidelines. We look forward to you contributing to the kiwimana blog.
Are you keen? Get involved today with the kiwimana Buzz…..
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Beekeepers Q&A – End of Jan - January 31, 2016
- Commercial Beekeeping in Australia – We talk to Victor Croker – KM084 - January 25, 2016
- The Beekeepers Q&A – The Fat Bee Man “Don” joined us. - January 17, 2016