Finished building some screen bottom boards today. Screen bottom boards have a few advantages.
- Help reduce the varroa mites due to natural fall (The mites fall through the screen)
- Provides a way for you to count mites
- Provides increased ventilation for the bees
- Reduces moisture in the hive over winter
I would recommend looking into building or getting some for your hives.
Might sell some on Trade me if I make any more or there is some interest. Trade me is New Zealand's version of eBay for our overseas readers.
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- End of Season 2016!!!! - May 25, 2017
- It’s Winter Time – Season Ending Show – KM109 - May 24, 2017
- Beekeeping for Dummies we talk to Author Howland Blackiston – KM108 - May 17, 2017