This week we are talking to Michael Bush :). This is Episode forty nine of our beekeeping podcast.
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Michael Bush is a Treatment free Beekeeper / Author and speaker from Nebraska.
Here's What You'll Learn
- What is Michael's biggest challenge in keeping his bees alive in Nebraska
- Sometimes the answer is to do nothing
- Feeding can set off a Robbing Frenzy
- How to get more honey in a Top Bar Hive
- How to get started in Treatment Free Beekeeping
- 45 Degrees is the best angle for Foundation Less Frames
- The Hopkins Method of Queen Rearing was popularised by Isaac Hopkins (A New Zealander)
- What was the motivation for Michael Bush's Book?
What Was Mentioned
- Small Cell Beekeeping
- Foundation-less frames
- Maybe the microbes in feral Bees is why they are so good?
- Treatments kill the Bees ecology?
- Walter T Kelly Foundation-Less Frames
- Michael is going to be running some Bee camp, Click HERE to find out more.
Michael Bush book is called “The Practical Beekeeper: Beekeeping Naturally”
Video's Mentioned in the Talk
Michael Bush- Four Simple Steps to Healthier Bees
Michael Bush gave this presentation to the Beekeepers Association of Northern Virginia (BANV) and to the Prince William Regional Beekeepers Association (PWRBA) on July 30-31, 2012 in Manassas, VA.
Want to learn more about Michael Bush
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Saving the Bees in Australia with Simon Mulvany – KM102 - February 15, 2017
- HappY 2017 from us to you – KM101 - February 1, 2017
- Rocking and Rollin at the Speed of 100 – KM100 - December 7, 2016