This Beekeeping Course will be based in Waitakere Hall located on Bethells Road in Waitakere Township, West Auckland, New Zealand. Please join the waitlist if this is Out of Stock, once we have enough students we will schedule dates for the next course.
Have you ever thought about taking up Beekeeping, but just don't know where to start?!
Well, here at kiwimana we are Beekeepers who want to help those interested in Bees and Beekeeping by providing this simple and informative starter course. It will give you a great overview of the ‘world of Beekeeping’, a start without Bees, so you can learn about Beekeeping and Bees ‘Hands-Off’.
Beekeeping Course Breakdown
First Session – 2 hours
- Starting with Beehive configuration
- Basic Beekeeping terminology.
- Options for basic gear and hive-ware for starting out.
Second Session – 2 hours
- Introduction to Seasons and how these affect Beekeeper and Bee Activities.
- What is Health and disease and Beekeeper hygiene?
- What are the Risks?
- Introduction to What is an ‘inspection? and their purposes.
- Introduction to legalities of Beekeeping.
Week 1 and 2
Day / Date : Tuesday Evenings – 23rd August and 30th August 2016
Time : 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Where : Waitakere Hall, Bethells Road, Waitakere Township, Auckland West.
Across the road from Waitakere Primary School.
Please arrive on time to take full advantage of Beekeeping course content.
You will automatically be booked into the course as dated, when you confirm your order by payment.
Thanks for choosing kiwimana to explore a start to your Beekeeping Adventures.
Apiary Visits are optional – check out *COMING SOON*
See you there 🙂
…join the kiwimana buzz…