This short Beekeeping Course is class-room based and being held in The Waitakere Hall, located on Bethells Road in Waitakere Township, West Auckland, New Zealand. The hall is located across the road from the Waitakere Primary School.
Have you gotten your Bees through their first Winter? … but not sure what you need to do next? Or maybe your Bees failed and you want help with finding out what went wrong and need some ‘How To's' to get started again?
This is a short two hour course, it's a simple and easy to understand course designed to help you prepare for Spring Bee Season 2016.
Beekeeping Course Breakdown
Session – 2 hours
- Starting with analysis of your apiary, location and how your Beehive set-up worked or not.
- Introduction to the Spring Season – talking about Bee behaviour
- Beekeeper Activities
- Basic Genetics / Queens
- Inspections – why and what ?
- Swarm Effect / Splitting a Hive Demonstration
- Beehive woodware – Space Management
- Beekeeping tools – what and why ?
- Beekeeper Hygiene
Day / Date : Tuesday Evening – 16th August 2016
Time : 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Where : Waitakere Hall, Bethells Road, Waitakere Township, Auckland West. Across the road from Waitakere Primary School.
Please arrive on time to take full advantage of Beekeeping course content.
You will automatically be booked in to the course as dated, when you confirm your order with payment.
Thanks for choosing kiwimana to move you to the next part of your Beekeeping Adventures.
See you there 🙂
…join the kiwimana buzz…