This week we are talking to Michael Jordan from Wyoming. We talk about Bee swarms and how to catch them. Michael also explains how to build his Mobile Swarm Trap. This is Episode One hundred and four of our beekeeping podcast.
This week we would like to thank Aaron and Lauren Jennings
They have been supporting the kiwimana buzz for over 23 months
Thanks for your support!!!
If you also value what we do, please consider supporting us on http://kiwi.bz/banana
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz…
Hi, it's Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
The podcast show notes image is courtesy of Axel the Dog and Michael.
Michael Jordan better know as the Bee Wisperer is from Cheyenne in Wyoming. He has been keeping bees for many years and has never meet Sheriff Longmire.
Michael is a returning guest and today we are talking about Swarms and his ingenious designed swarm traps.
Michael’s first interview Sep 2015 on kiwimana can be found HERE
This interview was recorded in October 2016
You have to Learn from Nature, I've never seen a big opening in a Tree thats a foot long that the bees are using as an entrance. Its always a well guarded holeMichael Jordan
Here is what you will discover
- How to build Michael’s Mobile Swarm Trap
- How does Mobile Swarm Trap work?
- How to determine the best area to place your Swarm Trap
- What does Michael use for a Swarm Lure
- How Michael catches 90% of the swarms from his Bee Yards
Resources mentioned in the show
The easy to build mobile swarm trap
Photos of the Mobile Swarm Trap
Please Review us on iTunesWe would love it if you could leave us a great review on itunes, this helps other beekeepers find the show and gives you tons of karma for being so amazing.
Write a review on your an iOS "Apple" device:
- Tap iTunes or App Store.
- Find the item that you want to review "kiwimana".
- Tap the Reviews tab and tap Write a Review.
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. If you don't not have an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID.
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your review, and tap Send.
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- End of Season 2016!!!! - May 25, 2017
- It’s Winter Time – Season Ending Show – KM109 - May 24, 2017
- Beekeeping for Dummies we talk to Author Howland Blackiston – KM108 - May 17, 2017