Search Our Site
- Subscribe to our Free Beekeeping NewsletterDon’t miss out on the latest news and tips twice a month.
Our Latest Podcast
Thank you for your support!
- Robbing Screen - Stop Robbing Wasps and Bees5 out of 5by Evelyn
- Screened Bottom Board - The Kiwimana Meshboard5 out of 5by Hilton & Melva
- Kiwi Combo Hive Tool5 out of 5by Nestor Marcelino
- Api Life Var - Organic Varroa Treatment (1 Packet)5 out of 5by Kerry Payne
- Bee Jacket - Fencing veil hood5 out of 5by Jullion Nelson Parker
- Robbing Screen - Stop Robbing Wasps and Bees
Please use our Amazon Link
Please Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow on Google+
Tag Archives: auckland
Over the weekend we attended the Auckland Bee Club Xmas BBQ, I am no longer on the committee, so we went along just as members. Here is what we discovered on the day…
Swanson 1 the suspected queen less hive was very quiet, so I donned on my newly repaired veil, and headed to see if the queen was indeed missing from the hive.
Here are our thoughts after attending the Auckland Council hearings, held at the beautiful Auckland Town Hall, on the Auckland Council Draft – Long Term Plan. Introduction It was good to see a lot of other bee-keepers today at the meeting, and as we … Continue reading
Kanuka honey – Is it better than the more marketed Manuka honey. These both come from trees in the tea tree family, so some of the elements are the same. Continue reading
Photo’s courtesy of Kevin Krejci We went to along to a meeting set up by the Auckland Bee Club on Monday to discuss the $190 (annual) consent fee to keep Bees, proposed within the Auckland Council long-term draft plan. The … Continue reading
I found this clever tip on the beebehavior.com site to keep nine frames easily spaced in a ten frame box. Using only nine frames causes the bees to build out the wax further, and surprisingly you will get more honey … Continue reading
I went along to Auckland bee club today, and spent most of the time helping Sue in the shop. It was a very busy day and I enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone that came in. I managed to sneak … Continue reading
It was time to inspect hives today in between painting bee hive boxes and dodging the ever-present rain in Auckland. Isn’t it meant to be summer here? These are some notes from the inspections today:- Taupaki 1 Hive is very … Continue reading