This week we are talking to Chris Brown from Sheffield in England (Otherwise know as Britmana). This is Episode One Hundred and Eleven of our beekeeping podcast.
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz..
Hi, it’s Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
This week we would like to thank Lisa Morrissey
She has been supporting the kiwimana buzz for over 8 months
Thanks Lisa for all the help you give us.
Thanks for your support!!!
If you also value what we do, please consider supporting us on http://kiwi.bz/banana
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
The interview with Chris was recorded in October 2016
Thank you for listening to our show, we know life is busy for you and appreciate you have taken the time to join us today
Chris was born in kiwi Nirvania land but now lives in Sheffield, England “officially Europe's greenest city” with his lovely wife Laura and son Jasper. Chris has been beekeeping for three years at Britmana HQ.
We met Chris and Laura when they came to New Zealand for the Honeymoon. Their Son Jasper was born January 2017, Chris only makes him now work in the apiary in the weekends.
Here is what you will discover (Now with Times!!!)
For your reference we now include times for the conversation points, Some podcast players allow you to click on the times to jump to that section.
- How Long Has Chris Been Beekeeping 03:51
- Does Laura Get involved with the Bees 07:24
- What is an allotment 09:06
- How did it feel to win the best Honey Award in Sheffield 13:37
- Does Chris produce Heather Honey 15:44
- What does heather Honey taste like 22:02
- What Excites Chris about Beekeeping 25:52
- What was Chris’s first Book about Beekeeping 29:42
- Did a Bee Club Help Chris? 31:13
- What does Chris think is the biggest issue facing bees in Sheffield 36:39
- How can we encourage Younger Beekeepers 37:38
- Chris Plans for the coming Season 40:49
- When is Chris moving to New Zealand 42:53
- What’s the Best way to get in touch with Chris 44:01
- How Long is the bee Season in Sheffield 46:40
Resources mentioned in the show
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Get the Free App for your phone or Tablet
Other Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
- Slow Burn Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Summer Awesomeness in New Zealand Beekeeping – KM118 - December 8, 2017
- Beekeeping in South Carolina with Beekeeper Charlotte – KM117 - November 20, 2017
- Manuka is a Maori Word (so there) – KM116 - October 29, 2017