This week we are talking to Tom Theobald from Colorado. This is Episode Sixty Three of our beekeeping podcast.
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Tom Theobald Beekeeper – Introduction
Tom Theobald is a beekeeper from Colorado. Tom has been a long time campaigner against Neonicotinoids and was the president of the Boulder County Beekeepers’ Association for over thirty years.
Here's What You'll Discover from Tom
- Boulder County was the leading beekeeping county in state of Colorado
- What excites Tom about Beekeeping
- Why did Tom Decide to leave the corporate world behind
- A new corn seed that contains 24D. more details HERE
- Neonicotinoids are the most widley used pesticide in history
- The Windshield Test of Bugs in your area
- What is conditional registration
- Clothianidin has never meet the requirements of registration
We are confronted with such a hostile environment to life,
It doesn't matter how well we do our job as beekeepers
We are sending them out to an environment that they cannot survive.
What Was Mentioned
- A new pesticide going through the approval process flupyradifurone
- The Worldwide Integrated Assessment report on Systemic Pesticides, you can read it HERE
- Charles M Benbrook report “Impacts of genetically engineered crops on pesticide use in the U.S. – the first sixteen years” is HERE
- Our Talk with Dr Henk Tennekes can be found HERE
- Neonicotinoid pesticides found contaminating streams and rivers throughout Midwest, read more HERE
- Tom’s Bee Culture article, can be found here:- Do We Have a Pesticide Blowout?
- Tom appears on the The Organic View Podcast weekly
- Tom’s Corner Blog Post, you can find this HERE
Tom Theobald on Sixty Miniutes
Tom Theobald looks at Neonicotinoid insecticides and the mass-death of bee colonies
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Get the Free App for your phone or Tablet
Other Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Beekeeping in South Carolina with Beekeeper Charlotte – KM117 - November 20, 2017
- Manuka is a Maori Word (so there) – KM116 - October 29, 2017
- Practical Beekeeping With Roger Patterson – KM115 - October 11, 2017