Honey Pecan Pie
Whether it’s a wintery evening or a warm sunny day, there’s always a suitable season to taste the buttery sweet flavour of scratch-made pie. You can prepare pecan pie any time, day or night, any time of the year! While this pie does have some fat (from the nuts) and sugars, it doesn’t contain the aforementioned beauty-busting ingredients. It’s raw too, except for the maple syrup if you use it. Nuts are heavy though so remember a little bit of this pie goes a long way!
- 1 cup of honey;
- 3 eggs (beaten);
- 3 tablespoons butter;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract;
- 1 cup chopped pecans;
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg;
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie( 1 single pie crust – bushed with egg wash and par baked);
- Preheat oven to 162°C / 325°F.
- In a saucepan bring the honey to a boil. Quickly beat the eggs into the honey. Add butter, vanilla, nuts, and nutmeg. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set
Honey Spiced Glazed Pork Chops
Ground ginger, cinnamon and cloves are part of a sweet and savoury combination that the honey and Dijon mustard bring. This dish can be prepared in advance and frozen, then defrosted and cooked in a crockpot for complete ease. It is tender and flavourful, a great recipe to impress dinner guests. Our advice: turn on your broiler and broil these for a few extra minutes because a little burnt honey on top is super tasty. The pork serves beautifully over cooked red quintal with a dash of fresh squeezed orange juice.
- 1/2 cup of honey;
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard;
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger;
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon;
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cloves;
- 3 tablespoons olive oil;
- 4 boneless thick cut pork chops (or 6–8 think cut)
- salt and pepper;
- In a bowl mix together the honey, mustard, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce over the pork chops and cook for an additional 10–12 minutes or until cooked through flipping the chops halfway through.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate and spoon the sauce over the chops.
Honey is used in a variety of dishes such as cookies, cakes, pies etc. Honey is very beneficial for health and has a number of healing properties. Try out some other healthy honey recipes and don’t be ashamed to improvise and try something new! Bon Appetite!