It’s almost spring here in New Zealand so I am looking at treating the bees soon for varroa mites.
So far I have found these available in New Zealand:-
(1) Thymovar – Thymol based waters
(2) Api life Var – Essential oil and Thymol based
(3) And Apiguard also Essential oil and Thymol based.
I am keen to use these non pesticide based products, have you used any of them. Did you have any luck at all with them in reducing the mite count in your hives? Please comment below or send me an email.
P.S. I have still be trying to purchase the new wonder Mite Away Quick strips, but haven't got the supplier in Canada to return my emails yet.
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- End of Season 2016!!!! - May 25, 2017
- It’s Winter Time – Season Ending Show – KM109 - May 24, 2017
- Beekeeping for Dummies we talk to Author Howland Blackiston – KM108 - May 17, 2017