This week we are talking to James Wilkes from North Carolina all about Bees and Hive Tracks. We discuss why keeping records of your inspections is a vital skill. This is Episode One Hundred and six of our beekeeping podcast.
This week we would like to thank Lisa Morrissey
Lisa have been supporting the kiwimana buzz for over 6 months
Thanks for all your support Lisa!!!
If you also value what we do, please consider supporting us on http://kiwi.bz/banana
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz…
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Hi, it's Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
This interview with James was recorded in March 2016
James Wilkes is a professor at Appalachian State University and a backyard beekeeper. Along with Mark Henson he developed the Hive Track software that help beekeepers keeps records of their hive inspections. James lives in North Carolina with his wife and eight children.
Here is what you will discover
- What Motivated James and Mark to create Hive Tracks
- Why is keeping good hive records so important?
- How you can use Hive Tracks together with your club members
- How you can use Hive Tracks to introduce younger people into Beekeeping
- How to setup reminders to inspect Beehives
- A new Commercial Version of Hive Tracks is coming
- What are the future plans for Hive Tracks
Resources mentioned in the show
- Hive Tracks can be located HERE
- Hilary’s – Girl Next Door Honey article on how she uses HiveTracks HERE
- The Hive Track Twitter Feed
- Hive Tracks Facebook Page is HERE
- Hive Tracks Youtube Channel is located HERE
- James Family Farm can be found HERE
If you would like to give Hive Tracks a go for Two Weeks *No Credit Card Required*. If you decide to keep Hive Tracks you will be helping kiwimana keep the lights on.
Get your free fortnight HERE (No credit card needed)
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Get the Free App for your phone or Tablet
Other Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Beekeeping in South Carolina with Beekeeper Charlotte – KM117 - November 20, 2017
- Manuka is a Maori Word (so there) – KM116 - October 29, 2017
- Practical Beekeeping With Roger Patterson – KM115 - October 11, 2017