Post Updated on
This week we are talking about Commercial Beekeeping in Australia With Victor Croker from Australia. This is Episode Eighty four of our beekeeping podcast.
This executive producers for this months show are Aaron and Lauren from Jennings Apiaries.
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz…
Hi, it's Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
Here is what you will discover
- How Victor and Dave got started.
- What a Sulky is?
- What green mallee Honey is like
- How does his Polystyrene hive deal with the Hot Summer in Australia
- Why they are going to use only Polystyrene hives in the future
- How diseased gear are managed is managed in their operation.
- You can read more about Gamma Radition HERE
- Imported Honey isn’t helping the Australian beekeeper
- What is happening with Manuka Honey in Australia
Shout out to Paul Spain who is arranging the first “Asia Pacific Podcast Conference”, are you going along?
Victor along with his business partner David run the Australian HoneyBee company, a small commercial beekeeping operation based in Canberra, Australia. Victor is a third generation beekeeper and David started as a builder and over a bottle of port the Australia Honey Bee company was formed.
Resources mentioned in the show
- Camera and Mud video:-
- Bunyip Beekeeper’s Facebook page
- Australian Honeybee YouTube channel is HERE
- They web site is australianhoneybee.com.au
- Like them on facebook HERE
- Soloman Parkers Interview with Charles from London can be found HERE
- Cliff Van Eaton’s Manuka Book can be purchased HERE
- You can email Victor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some Photos courtesy of Victor and Dave
Please Subscribe to the ShowSo did you enjoy that show ?...did you find something useful you can use in your beekeeping work or help keep you company as you work your bees??? Yes?
Then You can have the next show to automagically appear on your podcast listening device, simple to subscribe.
Visit http://kiwi.bz/subscribe to discover ways you can subscribe to the show.
Subscribing to the show is Totaly FREE
Other Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
Click here to subscribe via Google Podcasts
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Disappointment All Round – KM144 - June 5, 2019
- Q and A –Finding Bees and stopping wasps – KM143 - May 22, 2019
- Beekeeping in the Hawkes Bay with Beekeeper John Berry – KM142 - May 12, 2019