This week we are talking to Orren Fox from Newburyport in Massachusetts. This is Episode Seventy Nine of our beekeeping podcast.
This executive producers for this months show are Aaron and Lauren from Jennings Apiaries, congrats on the wedding day guys.
You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
After Podcast Update *Video*
We did meet Orren at the Auckland Airport when he came to New Zealand, it was great meeting him. Hopefully we can meet up again when he has finished his NOLS course.
We recorded this video when we met Orren:-
Orren Fox Intro
Orren Fox is Beekeeper, Chicken Farmer and Blogger from Newburyport in Massachusetts. He has been running the successful blog happychickens.com for almost nine years. Beekeeping has taken him to Nepal and the White House, what is next step for this young man?
You will discover
- How Orren Started Beekeeping in Sixth Grade
- How Orren is helping in Nepal with the Blinknow Foundation
- How it came down to a choice between a Ram or Bees?
- Why Bee Suits with open side pockets are a bad idea?
- Orrens Blog is http://happychickens.com
- Follow Orren on Instagram HERE
- You can follow Orren on Twitter HERE
- Blinknow Foundation website is HERE
- National Outdoor Leadership School “NOLS”, more info HERE
- Orren’s Book is “Do Beekeeping”
- Asian Hornets: Our interview with James from Japan is HERE
- Orren’s Email is moc.liamgnull@xofnerro
Buddha, Bees and the Giant Hornet Queen
The documentery that Gary mentioned about the Honey Bees battles with Japanese Hornets. Well worth a viewing.
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Get the Free App for your phone or Tablet
Other Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- 12 Must See Ted Talks for Beekeepers - April 12, 2018
- We all Rise Together – We talk to Les Crowder – KM122 - March 28, 2018
- Build Up *Bonus* Buzz – KM121B - March 14, 2018