- Help reduce the varroa mites due to natural fall (The mites fall through the screen)
- Provides a way for you to count mites
- Provides increased ventilation for the bees
- Reduces moisture in the hive over winter
I would recommend looking into building or getting some for your hives.
Might sell some on Trade me if I make any more or there is some interest. Trade me is New Zealand's version of eBay for our overseas readers.
King Bee at kiwimana Beekeeping Supplies
Gary enjoys designing new kiwimana products which we sell through our on-line shop.He is passionate about saving the Bees and encouraging urban beekeeping.Gary loves to write about issues that affect the Bees and our environment.He is also into tramping/walking in the beautiful New Zealand bush.
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- Beekeeping in the Hills of Wellington – We talk to Jim Hepburn – KM125 - July 18, 2018
- Beekeeping Banter Round Up *Bonus* – KM124B - May 26, 2018
- Beekeeping Banter Round Up – KM124 - May 22, 2018