Ashlee Robison is a Senior Chemistry Major studying at Fort Lewis College in Colorado. She is doing research into Thymol use in controlling Varroa Mites. She is doing this research as part of the American Chemical Society's 2014 Chemistry Champions Contest.
This is Episode fifty five of our beekeeping podcast. You can download the podcast directly HERE, or click on the play button above. Feel free to share it with your friends.
Video explaining Ashlee's study:-
Ashlees local newspaper also did an article about her research, you will find this article HERE
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- Why the existing methods of using Thymol are not efficient
- What is the biggest parasite of the Honey Bees in North America
- How do you attach a Thymol Molecule to a sugar Molecule.
- How to feed Thymol to Bees
- Nectar is a Glucose and Fructose Molecule connected together
- Field trials are going to start next Spring in North America
- Is it worth planting Thyme plants near your Bee hives
Please Subscribe to the ShowThe great thing about podcasts is that you can subscribe and the next show will automatically download to your listening device.
Get the Free App for your phone or Tablet
Other Ways to subscribe to The kiwimana Buzz...Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
Click here to subscribe via RSS
You can also subscribe via Stitcher
We are also on I Heart Radio
Latest posts by Gary Fawcett (see all)
- I’m the Yappy BeeMan – Removing Bees in Alabama – KM120 - February 21, 2018
- Beekeeping Bonanza 2018 – Bonus Show – KM119B - February 14, 2018
- Beekeeping Bonanza 2018 – KM119 - February 7, 2018